Endless Song (2023)
SATB choir (with divisions) accompanied by strings (quartet, quintet, or orchestra) or piano. Duration c.28 minutes.
Endless Song is a cantata celebrating the joy of singing, setting texts by poets including Walt Whitman, James Weldon Johnson, and Rabindranath Tagore, and incorporating the traditional song ‘How can I keep from Singing’.
It was commissioned by the Waltham Singers, conductor Andrew Fardell, and first performed in Great Waltham Church, Essex, in June 2023, with the Maggini String Quartet plus double-bass.
COLNE EDITION CE76
Hear and view Endless Song in this scrolling score
Vocal score, full score and string parts are available on hire or on sale from Colne Edition.
Vocal score also on sale here:
Digital downloads (instant pdfs) worldwide, from Sheet Music Direct, or Sheet Music Plus (prices vary)
Printed copies (please allow time for printing and delivery) by contacting Colne Edition (£9.95 post free in UK but postage extra elsewhere, 5 copies minimum)
The following movements or sections are available separately:
- The Gift to Sing (CE124) – SATB and piano
- Music always round me (CE130) – SATB and piano
- Music for the Soul (CE125) – SATB and piano
- My life flows on (CE126) – SATB and piano
- My Song (This Song of Mine) (CE127) – SATB and piano
- My Song (This Song of Mine) (CE129) – SATB unaccompanied